
On New Years Day, I made some yummy caramel apples for the occasion. I couldn't let my little sister visit Maryland without experiencing this "new" delectable treat!

Brian grilled chicken, and we had salad, and sweet potato fries (a new favorite for me!) and then afterwards, we played a game of Tower of Babel.

Anna giving Bennett his bottle! :-) She loved that he was a real life "baby" that she could play with.

Leigha felt right at home with our sweet friends and enjoyed their company immensely! It was a great evening with family and friends.
The next day, New Year's Day 2012 at Derwood Bible Church:

The next day, our friends Brian and Lindsey were baptized and joined our church! They have been followers of Jesus for some time, but had never made a public profession of faith as adults. All of the church was overjoyed with their decision...

and what was also very special was there were four little witnesses in the back of the church watching the event! It was the first baptism any of the four girls have witnessed and it opened up some great conversations at home of the symbolism of dying to yourself and being resurrected with Christ.

It was a super HAPPY NEW YEAR with our friends. (I love little Annie's face, she is trying very hard NOT to smile for the camera.)
Looking Back to November 2011: Annie and Bennett's Dedication Celebration

Also, this past year, we celebrated with our friends the dedication of their two youngest, Annie and Bennett. Brad and I had the privilege of praying for their two precious kids and family at the dedication service at church.
Both Brad and I spent time praying and preparing for the dedication.
This was (and continues to be) our prayer for Annie and Bennett:
Dear Heavenly Father,
We praise you for the
precious gift of Annie and Bennett.
We thank you for how perfectly You have formed both Annie and Bennett in
their mother’s womb and the beautiful bond that you have created between mother
and child.
Lord, I pray that you would
strengthen and bless their relationships.
I pray that both Annie and
Bennett would be life-witnesses to Lindsey’s love and devotion to you.
Lord,
continue to give Lindsey your wisdom and grace as you have given her the
awesome responsibility of training her children to love and be obedient to
you.
Our greatest prayer is that
both Annie and Bennett would come to a saving knowledge of you and that they
would love you and serve you all the days of their lives.
Lord, I lift Brian up to you
and pray you would bless him with wisdom and discernment as he leads and loves
his family. I pray Brian would run
the race well, dedicated to putting you above all else. I pray for Brian and Lindsey’s
marriage, that their love and commitment to one another would be a shining
beacon to their children, reflecting your love for their family.
We know that you have
entrusted these children to Brian and Lindsey and your love for Annie and
Bennett exceeds anything we can imagine. We also know You are a Mighty God and
ever faithful. Give Brian and Lindsey the faith to trust you when hard moments
come and the future feels uncertain. Remind them that the future is in your
hands and you will guide them and their children through the storms of life.
Lord, we commit ourselves to
love and support this family as they raise their children to be children of the
King.
Thank you for the sweet
blessing of Annie and Bennett.

Then afterwards we had a lunch celebration at our home for them. I bought little Bennett this little lamb that plays "Jesus Loves Me"; Mimi and PawPaw bought this same lamb for Anna and she loves it too. Lindsey tells me Bennett loves to sleep with it at night.





No comments:
Post a Comment