The weekend before last, Jillian had her beloved friend Xandra over for one last special sleepover before Xandra's family moved to North Dakota. It was a very special time for the girls and I think it especially comforted Jillian to have a little one-on-one time with her friend before saying good-bye.

We began the evening by serving a kid-yummy dinner of chicken nuggets, green beans, salad, and milk at the kids table! :-)

Then, Brad and I put Faith and Anna to bed, so Jillian, Xandra, and I could go on our "late-night" (it was 7 PM) adventure together! The first place we went to was Michael's to find our favorite color fabric markers for our craft when we got home! To add to the excitement of the night, while we were there Xandra found some fun water capsules for us to do too!

We began the evening by serving a kid-yummy dinner of chicken nuggets, green beans, salad, and milk at the kids table! :-)

Then, Brad and I put Faith and Anna to bed, so Jillian, Xandra, and I could go on our "late-night" (it was 7 PM) adventure together! The first place we went to was Michael's to find our favorite color fabric markers for our craft when we got home! To add to the excitement of the night, while we were there Xandra found some fun water capsules for us to do too!

I love how little girls find the greatest delight in the most simple of things! It makes my heart so happy!
We also saw mice, rats, birds, and some kitties while at the pet store! 
Then we walked one more store over and went to Five and Below. I told Xandra to pick ANY ONE THING she wanted in the store as a gift from Jillian, which was super fun for the girls! In the end, Xandra chose the pink princess bouncee ball. Then, Jillian had the fun of picking out the treat they had for the movie at home later that night.

Then we walked one more store over and went to Five and Below. I told Xandra to pick ANY ONE THING she wanted in the store as a gift from Jillian, which was super fun for the girls! In the end, Xandra chose the pink princess bouncee ball. Then, Jillian had the fun of picking out the treat they had for the movie at home later that night.

I love Xandra's grin in this photo! Every few seconds, she would start giggling and say, "I can't believe I am writing on my clothes with markers!" :-) She thought it was the funniest thing.

After our t-shirt decorating, Brad, the scientist in our family, took the girls to the kitchen to do the water capsule experiment!

Then the girls put one of the capsules in a glass with cold water and the other in a glass with hot water to see what would happen. (The results to be continued in a few photos....)

Jillian and Xandra went from being these adorable, little ones when we first met one another in June of 2008 to these beautiful, sweet girls....

On the back of the t-shirt are the girls handprints with their names! Jillian LOVES her shirt and is very proud of it. When I had the original idea for the t-shirt, I thought Jillian might want to wear it as a night shirt with pajama pants. But according to Jillian, it is much too special for that, so she decided she wanted to wear hers to school today! :-) She misses Xandra a lot and wanted to feel closer to her friend.

The girls watched Veggie Tales: The Princess and the Pop Star while enjoying their ice-cream marshmallows!
Then it was time for bed on an inflatable mattress!
The next morning, the girls had waffles for breakfast before church!
Then we got the girls all ready for church with matching bows and all! It was a super, fun sleepover and a fantastic celebration of two little girls & their forever friendship!




















How precious!
ReplyDelete