February has been a fun, busy month and these are some of our favorite memories!

After church one Sunday, we went over to our friends the Pull's house for some game time. Anna was so happy and smiley and Brad captured this photo of the two of us.

The same Sunday, Faith and Theia gave one another sweet hugs over lunch. We miss our sweet friends dearly but are thankful for every memory.

Jillian on Crazy Hair Night for AWANA Sparks:
I had so much fun doing Jillian's hair! I went a little CRAZY with the pony tails in every direction!
When I was a little girl one of my favorite things to do was to play with my mom's hair. I remember one time, I did a very similar style to this for my mom and I thought it looked really great. I told her she should definitely wear it in the pony tail style for Sunday morning. She was very gracious about my suggestion, but never had the opportunity to wear it to church like this (for good reason), but"my dream" has finally come true 20 something years later! It is so much fun being a mommy to girls!

Jillian wrote this for school:
Name: Jillian
This is mom.
I like to be with mom because I love going on a date at the La Madeleines.
This past month, Jillian and I went on a date after her Upward basketball practice. First, we went and bought some socks for Jillian, and a card for an upcoming birthday party she was going to, and then she helped me pick out a new black purse! Then for dinner, we went to La Madeleine's! We shared a salad trio and got the strawberries romanoff, pasta salad, and chicken salad that we put between their fresh bread! In this picture that Jillian drew we are sitting at the table and next to us is some of the unique French decor in the restaurant (she was absolutely fascinated by it!).
I am not sure what inspired me to take these photos of Anna and Faith while we were having dinner, but the contrast is stark, isn't it? Anna has a big appetite for a nearly two year old and is still learning to eat with her utensils while Faith nibbled away neatly at her food. I love watching all three of my girls at different stages in their development; they each are a gift and it is so much fun watching them grow up little by little.
Jillian teaching Anna how to properly race!!!
Faith made this adorable Joseph with his coat of many color at Mother's Day Out and did a short puppet show for me before popping up with big smiles. 
Faith made this family tree at MOPPETS. She wrote the names "Lila" (or something close to it) for Jillian and she also wrote "mom" all by herself on the apples! On the bottom right, she wrote some of the letters in her name as well as some other writing scribbles.

Mrs. Jen came over on a Tuesday afternoon to spend time with us and was a HUGE help with all of Jillian's homework. Jen is an awesome teacher and made their learning time together so engaging and fun.

Faith made this family tree at MOPPETS. She wrote the names "Lila" (or something close to it) for Jillian and she also wrote "mom" all by herself on the apples! On the bottom right, she wrote some of the letters in her name as well as some other writing scribbles.

Mrs. Jen came over on a Tuesday afternoon to spend time with us and was a HUGE help with all of Jillian's homework. Jen is an awesome teacher and made their learning time together so engaging and fun.

Then Mr. Mike came over and all the grown-ups shared dinner! After dinner, Jen made us British pancakes (like French crepes) in honor of Shrove Tuesday (click here to see a video of Jen making these pancakes while we lived in England, as well as to hear the meaning behind the tradition).
They were absolutely delicious with a little lemon on them and sprinkled with sugar and rolled up. It was a special treat!













No comments:
Post a Comment