At five months, I am still exclusively breast-feeding our baby girl. I love our cuddle time (though she does get a bit distracted when her big sisters are in the room) & cherish the closeness we share during that sweet time.
She is growing up so quickly! Here are her weight/height measurements for our 2 month & 4 month appts at the doctor:
At Anna's 2 month appt on 5-25-10,
She was 24 inches and 12 lbs, 2 ounces
At Anna's 4 month appt on 7-28-10,
She was 25 inches and 14 lbs, 2 ounces
Anna is growing perfectly (she is in the 90th percentile for height and 75th percentile for weight). :-)
The "not-so-good" news is we aren't doing the best with sleep-training. On a typical night, she will wake up at 10 PM, 2 AM and 6AM. Its not too bad, but the other night she woke up every other hour, and that was BAD! Part of me is definitely ready for her to sleep through the night, so I can sleep through the night too, but the other part of me is just not ready to end my baby being a tiny baby (LOL, I think she is outgrowing it anyway). I also certainly don't want to do the mandatory "baby boot camp" of letting her cry it out at night!!!
Hi Sweet Pea! Isn't this little dress darling? My friend Helen sent us this John Lewis dress (its a department store in the UK) all the way from England for baby Anna. She also sent the big sisters an Angelina book, a Peter Rabbit book (both Classic English books), and me a beautiful scarf. :-)
Isn't that cute expression! She is rolling over, scooting, and moving back and forth on all four trying to get the full momentum going for CRAWLING!
More training for sky-diving!
Anna is one loved baby! She is constantly getting hugs and kisses from her big sisters (and mommy and daddy too).
Both Jillian and Anna have the same dimple on their cheek! Its so cute!
All three of my girls! Faith is definitely the most blonde of our girls, but to me, they all three look like sisters!
I tell Brad nearly every day that Anna is growing up too fast for me! Jillian has caught on to what I have been saying and the other day Anna was on all fours crawling, more like scooting, along. We, of course, were all amazed by how she is progressing in her ability to move around the room, but I wasn't SUPER EXCITED this time ( I am normally really enthusiastic about things).
Jillian looked at me and said, "Mama, I know you don't like it too much, but I think she's getting bigger."
She then added, "Its a little sad she won't be a baby anymore, but its also good news, because she will get to play with Faith and me! We'll have lots of fun together!" :-)
Jillian's words really encouraged me. Every time I start to feel sad about my baby getting so big, I remember the fun she will someday soon share with her big sisters! I also thank God for each and every day and try to enjoy it as much as I can!







she's getting so big!
ReplyDeleteI hope you can get her to sleep for longer stretches though! It's such a beautiful thing! :)
Jillian is a wise girl :) And Anna is adorable!
ReplyDeleteLove these pics! Can't wait to see you all :)
ReplyDelete