Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Feeding Anna

Anna had her six month appointment yesterday and I was feeling the pressure to tell the pediatrician that she had begun solids. So the night before (Monday night) I gave her some oatmeal for the very first time. I have been avoiding solids as long as I could because I am trying to keep Anna my baby as long as possible. But thankfully once again my smart Jillian has reminded me that all of my girls will always be "my babies", no matter how old that they get or even if they are eating real food!!! :-)

***Anna is in the 50th percentile for weight at 16 lbs, 6 oz and is in the 75th percentile for height at 25 1/2 inches***

Day #1:

Here we go...the 1st bite!

Anna first responded by covering herself with the bib. She wasn't so sure what I was trying to pull on her!

Anna's smiles sweetly as she holds tightly onto the bowl that has her oatmeal in it! She really likes to grab things. Poor Brad has had his cereal poured on top of his lap a couple of times now!

Jillian was encouraging her to eat and was so proud of her little sister.

Yummy!

She liked chewing the spoon more than she liked the food.

Her expression tells it all...that wasn't the greatest!

But we did it! Anna ate baby food for the 1st time! Yeah!!! That night Anna slept through the night. :-)

Day #2:

Beautiful Smile for her mommy!

"Hi Daddy!"

Eating more oatmeal to keep that tummy full! :-)

1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me she ate baby food!!!! And way to sleep through the night, Anna!!!! Big week in the Holmes' household.

    ReplyDelete