Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fun at the Montgomery County Fair

Brad and I LOVE adventures (and our friends the Glenn's are lots of fun). So when our friends, the Glenn's, invited us last-minute to go to the fair, we JUMPED on it!

Neither Brad or I have ever been to a county fair before, we've only been to the largest state fair in the world in Dallas (do you hear my TX pride coming out?). So a county fair was a completely new experience for us and it did not disappoint! We had a great time. :-)

I wish I could say that this picture was taken on the way home from the fair, but it wasn't. :-) It was taken while we were driving TO THE FAIR! Faith was tuckered out from the beginning of our adventure.

Here are the kids with their awesome dads!

My sweet friend Naomi and me with baby Anna!

Faith recovered pretty well from the abrupt wake-up! Here she is admiring the goats.

Faith loves her friend Madeline.

All three of the big sisters giving one another hugs!

Several people have commented to Naomi and me that we must be sisters (and our kids cousins) because of all the blonde hair that runs in our families!

My sweet baby girl was so tired, but the fair was just too exciting for Anna to fall asleep!

We saw pig races and goose races! I have to admit in all of my 28 years, I have never gotten to see that before (I don't think I have been missing out much, but it was "interesting"!)

On one of the stages, we got to watch a girl dancing to some Michael Jackson music! It was entertaining to watch. We dared our friend Andrew to go up there and show everyone his moves during "the open dance time", but even with the BIG incentive of $1 (check out Andrew's website), he didn't do it! Oh well, maybe next time!

Onto the sheep, I have to admit I am very sentimental about sheep. For one, I love the Biblical illustration of God being our shepherd and how he tends his flock. But also, I like them because of my trip to Ireland. When my mom and I went to Ireland for my 16th birthday, she encouraged me to take as many pictures on my film camera as I wanted. I don't think she ever expected me to take nearly two rolls of photos of sheep!!! But I thought it very beautiful (and romantic too, LOL!) how the white sheep were gazing on the beautiful green hills of Ireland. I desperately tried to capture the mood with the perfect picture. Unfortunately, most of the pictures turned out blurry because they were taken inside of a bus on foggy, rainy days! Oh well, I will always appreciate my mom's sentiment in allowing me to do that, especially when I see a sheep! :-)

I think that's a good lesson too for me as a mom, because there is a good chance that there will come a day when my children are going to want to do something that I perceive as being a waste of money and/ or time. But to them it could be something very special that they carry with them for many years down the road. I pray even now that God will give me discernment when I am faced with those sort of decisions.

Our families have grown leaps and bounds, since we met the Glenn's two years ago. Now we have Anna and Oliver!

I am not the biggest fan of pigs, but I took a picture anyway.

The most memorable animal to Faith was the cows. I think it is due largely to the influence of Chick-fil-A ("Eat Chicken, Not Cow!").

I really enjoyed looking at the chickens; they were very pretty!

Faith took Oliver's seat in the double stroller, while Naomi carried Oliver in her new carrier!

Brad and Jillian with our sit-and-stand stroller. Our many thanks again to Dustin and Beccah Baucom who surprised us with this gift. When I saw it on our doorstep, it literally brought tears to my eyes! We have taken that stroller everywhere with us. It truly has been incredible; all three of our girls can fit on it at once.

We completely wimped out on our friends. The Glenn's were still going strong, when we realized we were quickly running out of energy and we still had a mile walk back to the van (free parking!). So we said our good-byes. They went to ride a few rides, and we decided to treat ourselves to the classic fair treat of FUNNEL CAKE!

I definitely feel like the $5 price-tag was worth it! You have to have funnel cake at a fair! :-) Jillian really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the funnel cake too, even though its a little messy.

Even Anna got to enjoy a sprinkling of the yumminess.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You had way more pictures than we did. We had a great time. And you didn't wimp out. We just couldn't leave without riding some rides. Madeline was too excited about them :)

    ReplyDelete