Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Birthday Party Scrambled

My friend (who will remain anonymous because she told me I didn't have to give her credit) sent me these photos over e-mail and then when I added them to i-photo they got all scrambled. I do not have the patience to try to figure out how to put them in the correct order, but nevertheless I think it gives the post a very artistic look! ;-)

The week before the girl's much anticipated party I was sick (we'd been talking about our Strawberry Shortcake party for months). Monday and Tuesday I was miserable with a cold but by Wednesday I thought I was feeling well enough to get out and go to Butler's Orchard, but then again I relapsed into exhaustion. It was difficult to get much of anything done for the party or the company that was coming the day after the party (and at the same time care for my three kids)!  But I was hanging in there, until Thursday night when I started to run a fever and was in excruciating pain. I called the ObGyn on call, who happened to be the doctor that delivered Jillian, and told him I had all the signs of mastitis and about the girls birthday party the next day. And he, being the compassionate doctor that he is, called me in some antibiotic that night! I was so thankful.  That was the party's life-saver (and mine too).

I spent all day Friday, working for 30 minutes to an hour, and then laying down for 15 to 30 minutes minutes.   If you have never had mastitis, it feels like the flu, your entire body aches (in addition to the pain you feel when breast-feeding). The good news was Brad was home and he completed his thesis that morning (October 8th) and he helped me with most of the final preparations! I didn't get to do everything I had planned to do, but the girls didn't know any better. We all had a great time and I feel so blessed that we had dear friends celebrating the lives of our two daughters with us. :-)


Faith showing me her fun Melissa and Doug cupcake set and her beautiful, new STRAWBERRY apron made by Miss Trisha! (This is also a great picture to sum up the night for me...I held the camera close in an attempt to get some pictures, but didn't get too many. I am glad that all of the people over were good friends, my brain was a little tired).  

The kids enjoying their dessert at the dining room table

The kids were in awe of the pinata!

Faith with her sweet friend Madeline

Our plan was to give the adults a little break to enjoy their hamburger/ hot-dog dinner with lots of sides, while we entertained the kids in "Strawberryland" with games and a fun button craft! 

The kids enjoying their marble cake with ice-cream! 

"My friend" (I nearly gave it away) took a picture of us from another view. 

Mr. Andrew with Oliver

There were 15 strings to pull on the pinata and only one of them would open the pinata to spill out all the candy. I was a little nervous that only one child would get a chance to pull a string, but all of them got a chance, because it was the very last string that let out all the candy! 

I had a picture taken of the girls and it was put on their birthday cake! 

Madeline all ready for Jillian and Faith's birthday party! 

Madeline pulling a string.  We helped out the little kids with a little Ikea stool! 

Xandra pulled hard on the 2nd to last string, but the candy wasn't ready to fall out yet. 

All the kids picking out their balloons! 

I customized the pinata with candies I liked---but had to include little strawberries too.

My sweet girls enjoying everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to them! 

All of the girls friends were so happy to watch them open up their gifts...so "BERRY SWEET"! ;-)
Jillian is wearing her new headband creation with a Strawberry Shortcake button on it. 

Brad giving the kids instructions about "Strawberryland"! 

3 comments:

  1. That looks like an amazing party. I'm so impressed with Jillian and Faith's picture on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time at Jillian and Faith's party, Lauren! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best party thrower in the whole world! The games were so fun and Madeline really wants a pinata now for her birthday too!

    ReplyDelete