Well, it has been an interesting season for the Big 12 South. Just this last week, Baylor was on top, and Texas & Texas Tech at the bottom. Weird.
But, I (Brad) was happy to hear that the Aggies pulled off a win against OU and as the article below points out, this broke a seven year losing streak against OU. As I reflected on where I was the last time A&M beat OU eight years ago, I realized that was a 'defining' moment in my relationship with Lauren.
For you see, my friend Tyler had come into town (from Baylor) to meet this 'dream girl' I had recently started dating my Jr. year at A&M. We debated going to see the OU-A&M game, but since OU was undefeated and A&M was struggling, we decided we would miss out on the shellacking that was bound to come. Meanwhile, my 'dream girl' did go and saw one of the most memorable games ever played at Kyle Field in recent history, where the Aggies destroyed OU's hope of an undefeated season in a very narrow, back-and-forth victory.
For you see, my friend Tyler had come into town (from Baylor) to meet this 'dream girl' I had recently started dating my Jr. year at A&M. We debated going to see the OU-A&M game, but since OU was undefeated and A&M was struggling, we decided we would miss out on the shellacking that was bound to come. Meanwhile, my 'dream girl' did go and saw one of the most memorable games ever played at Kyle Field in recent history, where the Aggies destroyed OU's hope of an undefeated season in a very narrow, back-and-forth victory.
While Tyler and I were missing the game, he informed me it was time to 'define the relationship'. I got the run down on this distinctly Baylor-protocol, called Lauren up after the game, and we popped into Roly-Poly (now closed) for a sandwich and some serious talk. I spilled my guts that I 'really liked' her and I wanted to officially start dating her with a view of hopefully one day taking her hand in marriage. She said 'YES!' (and has ever since to all my crazy ideas!). What a special weekend, 8 years ago.
I love you Lauren!! Happy 8 years of dating.
Love, your husband,
-Brad
PS: 10 years ago, at the same OU-A&M match-up, Lauren famously told her date to the game (not me!) that she 'rather not' kiss after we scored ... and saved her first kiss for yours truly!!
Texas A&M Defeats Sooners - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site
Sweet story. And DTR's were big where we were too :)
ReplyDelete