Our friends Brian and Lindsey are avid outdoor lovers. They are always finding fun outdoor
adventures to do and have lots of great equipment to use, including a canoe! :-) Last month, they invited our family to go with them to Lake Needwood to go on a canoe ride with them. It was the perfect day to enjoy the water.
The big girls helping the Daddies transport the canoe to the water.

First the Dads and younger girls went on their canoe trip. There was a small island in the water and they paddled around that and then met us on the other side of the lake.

There we all go. I wasn't sure how well I would do, considering it was my 1st time to go canoeing! But Lindsey said I was a power stroker and I did awesome. :-) I think all the baby holding I have done the last six years has really strengthened my arms. Hooray for that!

Then after we got back to the shore. All ten of us went on a pleasant walk down the trail in the woods. On the way back, the kids (big ones and little ones) decided to race one another back. (In defense of my adorable husband at the rear of the pack, he purposefully hung back, so that none of the kids were last. ) :-)
It was a glorious day to go canoeing with friends.











No comments:
Post a Comment