This past weekend, I went to a Sara Groves concert and I heard the song "You Cannot Lose My Love" for the first time. Immediately, I thought of my first-born Jillian and her recent experience of losing her first tooth. And as to be expected of any sentimental mom, I had myself a good cry. :-)
I made this video of our little girl growing up in celebration of this special milestone in her life.
Jillian had a loose tooth for about two weeks. We checked on it periodically to see how it was progressing. September 20th was the day that we decided that it was ready to come out.
Jillian is sensitive about change and any sort of injury, and in advance we predicted it might be a difficult experience for our little one. So, we decided to pull it instead of taking the risk of her losing it at school.
So, here Brad is first talking to Jillian about pulling out her tooth. As you can see from Jillian's profile, she wasn't thrilled about the idea. In the end, Brad decided it would be better if I did the pulling! Thanks honey! :-(
There are no photos to show of the actual pulling process; it happened really quickly. The tooth was ready to come out!
Jillian was upset about losing her tooth.
I tried to console my Jillian. It really was more of an emotional time than she was physically in pain.
The roots had all dissolved and were ready for Jillian's new big tooth to come in!
A little while later, Jillian was feeling much better about having lost her tooth.
Here she is showing off the gap in her mouth! She was excited about the tooth fairy coming to see her that night until we went upstairs to her bedroom.
While I was tucking her into bed, Jillian said, "Mommy I am scared about a fairy coming into my room at night."
I reassured her that she didn't need to be afraid, the "tooth fairy" was really nice.
She told me again, "Mommy, I don't like it. I am scared."
So then I whispered to her, "Jillian, did you know that when I was a little girl my mommy was my tooth fairy?"
She smiled really big and asked me, "Is my MOMMY my tooth fairy?"
I just about burst into tears when I got to the picture of her getting off the school bus. It was so sweet to see photos of Jillian before I knew her, she was such a cute baby and toddler!
I loved that song when I heard her sing it at the concert. And I have a feeling that Madeline will have a similar reaction to losing her teeth. ;)
ReplyDeleteI just about burst into tears when I got to the picture of her getting off the school bus. It was so sweet to see photos of Jillian before I knew her, she was such a cute baby and toddler!
ReplyDelete