This has been an interesting night for Brad and me, all of our plans have been cancelled for one reason or another. But I am extremely thankful for the gift of remembrance and have enjoyed looking at some photos from five years ago. Five years really doesn't seem that long ago, but its amazing to see how much has changed in that time...
While we were living in England, on November 5th, 2006, my little girl experienced the wonder of fireworks for the first time.
That evening as a family we went to our first church event to have soup, hot dogs, and hot chocolate before going to see the city's beautiful firework display. It was a magnificent night and one I will never forget.
I love Jillian's face of awe. She was not afraid of the loud noises but loved the beautiful, bright colors in the sky!
Jillian enjoying the fireworks with her daddy!
"Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."
It was a very cold evening. I was thankful we had gloves and hats to warm us up!
The only "down-side" to the entire evening was that while we were walking home, Jillian's beloved Lambie dropped on a sidewalk. We tried to go back and find it, but to no avail, we were unable to find what became "Lambie I". Thankfully, the next month "Father Christmas" came to visit the college and brought Jillian a new Lambie to love. :-)
Thank you God for the gift of remembrance!









No comments:
Post a Comment