You may be asking yourself why are the Holmes' sitting on the grass next to their van? Well, our sweet friends the Glenn's invited us for some fall fun at the farm after we served at the Women's Center on Saturday a few weekends ago.
The Glenn family had already eaten their lunch and we didn't want to drag our gear to the picnic site (and then back to the van), so we just made ourselves comfortable in the parking lot! :-)

When Brad told Faith this last Friday night that they next day was Saturday, she eagerly asked, "Are we going to go play games with the women?" Our church ministers to the women in the center twice a month, once on Thursday afternoon and another on Saturday morning. Our family, along with the Pierson family have been volunteering at the local Women's Center on Saturday. I prepare a breakfast with home-made muffins, donuts, fresh fruit, and juice. Then Brad prepares a brief message from the Word and we have a discussion with them, sing a few songs (the girls always sing a couple of their favorite too) and then we play games. Our favorite games to play are Uno and Sequence for Kids. The girls always team with some of the ladies from the center and they help one another. :-) Its a really sweet time for us. There is always the opportunity to learn more about the ladies who are going through a hard time. I am able to spend a lot time listening and encouraging them not to lose hope.
I am blessed by how tender my husband's heart is to these women who are homeless. I think it especially pulls at his heart-strings because he is the father to three girls. I praise God that he has given us a heart for this center and has allowed us to serve them in some capacity.
The Glenn family had already eaten their lunch and we didn't want to drag our gear to the picnic site (and then back to the van), so we just made ourselves comfortable in the parking lot! :-)

When Brad told Faith this last Friday night that they next day was Saturday, she eagerly asked, "Are we going to go play games with the women?" Our church ministers to the women in the center twice a month, once on Thursday afternoon and another on Saturday morning. Our family, along with the Pierson family have been volunteering at the local Women's Center on Saturday. I prepare a breakfast with home-made muffins, donuts, fresh fruit, and juice. Then Brad prepares a brief message from the Word and we have a discussion with them, sing a few songs (the girls always sing a couple of their favorite too) and then we play games. Our favorite games to play are Uno and Sequence for Kids. The girls always team with some of the ladies from the center and they help one another. :-) Its a really sweet time for us. There is always the opportunity to learn more about the ladies who are going through a hard time. I am able to spend a lot time listening and encouraging them not to lose hope.
I am blessed by how tender my husband's heart is to these women who are homeless. I think it especially pulls at his heart-strings because he is the father to three girls. I praise God that he has given us a heart for this center and has allowed us to serve them in some capacity.

I made an extra good picnic. We had sandwiches, grapes, apples, pasta salad, Capri Suns, Lay's chips, and cookies.

Little Anna was wiped out by the morning's activities and took a little cat nap in the van while we drove to the farm.
The farm fun to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment