Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holiday Cheer

I am NOT feeling well and I am praying that I will be better soon (I would appreciate any prayers from friends and family too). I am not getting much of anything done this week, except trying to survive each day, but even so, there have been some very special, meaningful gifts I have been given this week that I might not have experienced otherwise. :-)
On Monday morning, I made a doctor's appointment, and while I was leaving my house, I discovered this beautiful poinsettia on my front door step.  My sweet friend Michelle (without even knowing how crummy I was feeling that day) brought me this beautiful flower for the Christmas holidays.  It  really brightened my day! 
When I came home from the doctor on Monday morning, I found this note from Jillian on the floor. It says "Mom Fel [Feel] Better".  
My sweet girls posing in front of the pretty flowers! :-)

I have continued to struggle with managing the pain, especially in the morning. So my amazing husband, Brad has been helping me get the girls ready and out the door and then has been staying later at work.

So on Tuesday morning, Brad dropped Faith off at Mother's Day Out and then went onto work.  In the afternoon, I decided to leave an hour early (even though I was still not up to parr) to get a couple of errands done before picking Faith up. When I got in the car, I realized our van was completely on empty for gas (the light was on) but I thought I'll just go to Gaithersburg and fill her up there.  Well, when I arrived at the gas station, I got my purse, opened it up, only to discover that I did not have my wallet in my purse. 

It was an ugly, rainy day and according to my van, I could go only 5 miles more before I was going to be stuck on the side of the road.  Thankfully, I found my checkbook and ran inside to the Exxon and asked the attendant if they took checks (of course I didn't have my I.D. to verify my name and address, but I look like an honest person, right?).  Well, it didn't matter anyway, because the attendant told me that they do not take checks. I told him my predicament of leaving my wallet at home, being on empty, having my 20 month old, and not wanting to be stuck on the road (not to mention I was feeling super crummy).

 So, much to my surprise, the nice man gave me $5 out of his pocket to pay for enough gas for me to get home!   I called Brad a little later and told him the story and asked him to call the Exxon, so we could get his name and address.  That very day, I sent him a Christmas card with our family's picture and a thank you note and re-paid him his $5.  It filled me with a little holiday cheer to know that there are still strangers who are so kind! :-)

1 comment: