Even though it wasn't listed on our summer to-do list, a must do for us EVERY summer is RBC camp! Redland Baptist does a superb job on their Vacation Bible School.

We have also gotten to know several of the families at Redland from Upward. In the spring for the past two years, Jillian has played Upward basketball at Redland. She has one practice and one game every week for eight weeks.

I went to the front of the sanctuary before the performance began to try to get a close-up of my cutie. :-) I think I may have been embarrassed Faith a little bit, but she handled it well.

The music for the theme Colossal Coaster VBS was fantastic. We bought the CD and still listen to it several times a week. Anna's favorite song is "Yes to VBS". She told me just tonight as we were listening to the songs, "Momma, I 'm glad my sisters went to VBS, because this song is my favorite." :-)

At the end of the week, I had Jillian take a picture with her teachers. They were both so very nice and one of her teachers even tried to recruit us to come to their church full-time. She said, "We need more super sweet families like yours at our church!" They also both said that Jillian was one of the best (if not THE best) behaved, sweetest kids they had all week! :-)

Faith with her three teachers for RBC week. Ms. Rose gave Faith (and no other child) an angel as a gift at the end of the week because Faith is such an angel. :-) Faith was so proud of that gift and the sentiment behind it, she showed it to everyone she saw for a full week afterwards. And today, she still has the angel sitting on her dresser in her bedroom.

It's hard to believe that this is Jillian's 3rd year to attend VBS! This is a photo of Jillian, the first year at VBS with her friend Ellie.

The second year of VBS, we had a sleepover buddy for a few of the nights while Mini's brother was in the hospital at Children's! It was a very memorable week and we were so thankful that God gave complete healing to Max.

This year, Faith and our friend Annie joined the big sisters and were campers too! I am a little bummed my girls aren't wearing their shirt for this picture, but the night before at family night they spilled some ketchup on their shirts. I didn't have enough time to clean them for Friday morning. (Every other morning, they were wearing their RBC shirt.)
I am so blessed by this ministry, my girls were given the opportunity to learn more about God and His word in a super fun environment.






No comments:
Post a Comment