Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve: Part 2

Christmas Eve night we attended the candlelight service at our church !  We sang carols at the service, and Pastor Colin read several Scriptures, including one about FAITH!   Little Madeline was sitting with her parents and told them, "We have one of those!!!" :-)  After the service, we came home for cookies and Christmas Eve presents.

Faith getting ready to open her Christmas Eve present! 

Have you ever seen anyone so excited by pajamas?

Faith LOVED her ornament too. I bought a beautiful Lenox ballerina ornament for her. 

Faith was even amazed by the back of the box. :-)

Jillian was explaining to Faith "how great" it was that she had a ballerina ornament! It was really sweet how excited Jillian was for her little sister.

Once again, a child ecstatic over pajamas! I think we could have been done with Christmas right there!

Jillian was very touched by this ornament gift.

We thought she might cry when she opened her Precious Moment "Sisters are a Gift" ornament. 

On the gift, the tag reads "To My Sister"!  I realize I am not her sister (it may have been a better gift from a sister), but I wanted to celebrate with all of my girls the gift that they have in one another. 

Faith helped open up Anna's gift of an ornament from mommy and daddy! We got some great pictures of our baby from Christmas to put in the 1st Christmas ornament frame. 

Anna got matching pajamas too,  but she wasn't nearly excited as her big sisters. 

Daddy opened his traditional Christmas Eve gift of a new game for our collection! Do you wonder where our girls get their enthusiasm?  I love my family!

Jillian wanted me to open up a gift too.  I told her my new gift was my Christmas dishes (see photos of Christmas Eve dinner), but she, being the sweet girl that she is, wanted me to open a gift too.  So I got to open up the gift that she made at pre-school for her daddy and me. 

I thank God for the blessing of these precious girls

Brad and I got a beautiful blue frame decorated with stickers from our daughter. I am so proud of Jillian for working so hard on her gift for us.  I can not wait to put a picture of my girls in it! Even as I type this I am looking at our frame that is now sitting on my desk! :-)

YAY!  What a special gift!!!!

Faith couldn't wait to open up the rest of the gifts the next morning, so she decided that she would get her pillow and blanket and sleep in the living room! 

A special photo of Anna and me

Merry 1st Christmas Anna!  (I am so appreciative of Brad capturing all of these memories for our family. It is one of the best presents I could ask for!)

Santa came to our house and left Leap Frog Galore: a Leapster for Jillian, a Tag for Faith, and a Little Touch for Anna.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I loved reading about your Christmas traditions - y'all have some great ones! Your girls are so sweet, and beautiful, just like their Mama :)

    ReplyDelete