Daniel seriously hit the jack-pot of all weekends to come, because the fun was never-ending! After, Brad and Daniel had their adventure at "Adventure Park", we had dinner at our house with the Rosborough's. We became friends with the Rosbourgh's when we first moved to Maryland in the summer of 2005. I actually didn't meet Rani until the week before I delivered Jillian (September 30th); we met at Community Bible Study (CBS) at 4th Presbyterian.
Although we had only met briefly one time, she brought me a delicious Mexican lasagna dinner and lots of groceries to fill my refrigerator and cabinets after Jillian's arrival! From the beginning, her friendship was a God-send!
As I was getting ready to post photos of our most recent visit, I realized I had no other posts to link to of our dear friends! So, thus, I am entitling this "Old Friends". I couldn't resist going down memory lane (iPhoto) and picking out some of my favorite photos of our friends .

This picture brings back fond memories of Brad and I as new parents! The same afternoon that this photo was taken, we nearly made a trip to the Emergency Room. Brad accidently shut the bathroom door partially on little Jillian's left ring finger. We were completely freaking out and thought our daughter may never wear a wedding ring because she may not even have a finger! Thankfully, Dr. Rani was already coming over just a little after the incident, so we called her urgently on the phone and then went downstairs and waited in the foyer for her arrival. Rani took a look at Jillian's finger and assured us it would heal perfectly in time. I still laugh about that day, we were so nervous about so many things as young parents. Thankfully we had sweet friends to help us as we adjusted to being a mommy and daddy.

Celebrating Daniel's safe arrival back from Iraq at our old apartment! My sweet friends from CBS had faithfully prayed for Daniel. My friend Kristen even organized and made him a large "Welcome Home" basket complete with gift cards, edible goodies, CDs, and a scrapbook with letters and pictures of each family from my CBS group.

We had a Sunday evening dedication for Jillian at our church and invited a few friends and my family from Texas to be with us. Daniel wore his Marine uniform that night and when Simran saw him she exclaimed, "He's a prince."

Rani and I shared some fun adventures together, including my first visit to our favorite Butler's Orchard for some strawberry-picking!
This was the first time Jillian had ever worn a clip in her hair! I didn't know what to do with Jillian's hair at this stage and asked Rani what to do and she brought me over some of Simran's clips from when she was a baby!

Little Simran with Brad. In the background: I bought the exersaucer with Rani at my first visit to the Unique Thrift Store for $5 and Anna still uses it today! :-)

My closest friends from Community Bible Study (CBS), these ladies were invaluable to me as a new mommy!
Celine, Rani, Kristen, me, and Jo Ann

Jo Ann, my CBS leader, a native Texan took me under her wing and was such a blessing to me. Before we moved at the end of September, she invited all the ladies from our group (from the previous year) and had a going away fiesta. The food was delicious and I though the centerpiece was adorable (she had made it with pictures that she had taken of our family from the previous 12 months).
Kristen, Jen, Laura, Katie, Jane Anne, Celine, me, Rani, Marcie, Anne, Joy, and Jo Ann

A few members of the moving party at the Rosborough's! When Rani and Warren discovered that we were going to be putting all of our things in storage for a couple of years, they offered for us to store our things in their attic instead.
I told Rani, "That is too much, we can't ask that of you. Its for a long time!"
She replied, "First of all, you aren't asking me, I have offered this to you. Wouldn't you allow your sister, Leigha, to do this for you?"
I laughed, and said, "No, I don't think so!"
She said, "Well I am your sister in Christ and this is what family does for one another. I want to do this as a gift for you."
Their gift to us saved us thousands of dollars but more than that I experienced the beautiful sacrifice and love for a family of believers.
(Brad's Dad (Robert), Josh and Joanna, Celine and Nils, Rani, me, and Brad)

The night before our move to England we had a 1st birthday party for Jillian with some close friends at a friends' apartment in downtown D.C. (with a beautiful view of the monuments). This was our good-bye for nearly two years! But when we returned two years later, they were there to greet us! We have seen them these past two and a half years as well (since being back in the U.S.), and we always cherish our getting together.
------------------------------------------
Although we had only met briefly one time, she brought me a delicious Mexican lasagna dinner and lots of groceries to fill my refrigerator and cabinets after Jillian's arrival! From the beginning, her friendship was a God-send!
As I was getting ready to post photos of our most recent visit, I realized I had no other posts to link to of our dear friends! So, thus, I am entitling this "Old Friends". I couldn't resist going down memory lane (iPhoto) and picking out some of my favorite photos of our friends .

This picture brings back fond memories of Brad and I as new parents! The same afternoon that this photo was taken, we nearly made a trip to the Emergency Room. Brad accidently shut the bathroom door partially on little Jillian's left ring finger. We were completely freaking out and thought our daughter may never wear a wedding ring because she may not even have a finger! Thankfully, Dr. Rani was already coming over just a little after the incident, so we called her urgently on the phone and then went downstairs and waited in the foyer for her arrival. Rani took a look at Jillian's finger and assured us it would heal perfectly in time. I still laugh about that day, we were so nervous about so many things as young parents. Thankfully we had sweet friends to help us as we adjusted to being a mommy and daddy.

Celebrating Daniel's safe arrival back from Iraq at our old apartment! My sweet friends from CBS had faithfully prayed for Daniel. My friend Kristen even organized and made him a large "Welcome Home" basket complete with gift cards, edible goodies, CDs, and a scrapbook with letters and pictures of each family from my CBS group.

We had a Sunday evening dedication for Jillian at our church and invited a few friends and my family from Texas to be with us. Daniel wore his Marine uniform that night and when Simran saw him she exclaimed, "He's a prince."

Rani and I shared some fun adventures together, including my first visit to our favorite Butler's Orchard for some strawberry-picking!
This was the first time Jillian had ever worn a clip in her hair! I didn't know what to do with Jillian's hair at this stage and asked Rani what to do and she brought me over some of Simran's clips from when she was a baby!
Little Simran with Brad. In the background: I bought the exersaucer with Rani at my first visit to the Unique Thrift Store for $5 and Anna still uses it today! :-)

My closest friends from Community Bible Study (CBS), these ladies were invaluable to me as a new mommy!
Celine, Rani, Kristen, me, and Jo Ann

Jo Ann, my CBS leader, a native Texan took me under her wing and was such a blessing to me. Before we moved at the end of September, she invited all the ladies from our group (from the previous year) and had a going away fiesta. The food was delicious and I though the centerpiece was adorable (she had made it with pictures that she had taken of our family from the previous 12 months).
Kristen, Jen, Laura, Katie, Jane Anne, Celine, me, Rani, Marcie, Anne, Joy, and Jo Ann

A few members of the moving party at the Rosborough's! When Rani and Warren discovered that we were going to be putting all of our things in storage for a couple of years, they offered for us to store our things in their attic instead.
I told Rani, "That is too much, we can't ask that of you. Its for a long time!"
She replied, "First of all, you aren't asking me, I have offered this to you. Wouldn't you allow your sister, Leigha, to do this for you?"
I laughed, and said, "No, I don't think so!"
She said, "Well I am your sister in Christ and this is what family does for one another. I want to do this as a gift for you."
Their gift to us saved us thousands of dollars but more than that I experienced the beautiful sacrifice and love for a family of believers.
(Brad's Dad (Robert), Josh and Joanna, Celine and Nils, Rani, me, and Brad)

The night before our move to England we had a 1st birthday party for Jillian with some close friends at a friends' apartment in downtown D.C. (with a beautiful view of the monuments). This was our good-bye for nearly two years! But when we returned two years later, they were there to greet us! We have seen them these past two and a half years as well (since being back in the U.S.), and we always cherish our getting together.
------------------------------------------
Boston, Simran, Jillian, and Faith playing with the bristle blocks! Ha! I think I need to put other toys in the living room!
Playing the game, "How many people can you fit on the couch?"
The two daddies and uncle Daniel entertaining all the children (except Anna) while I finished dinner!
They all look pretty comfy, don't they?
Elijah, Warren, Boston, Brad, Faith, Simran, Daniel, and Jillian
Rani is due in just a couple of months with their 4th baby...its a BOY!
Faith loves her Daddy!
I love this sweet photo!
Brad, Warren, Jillian (her head is peaking out) and Uncle Daniel










No comments:
Post a Comment