On December 18th, Brad and I celebrated being married for 7 years! Our awesome friends Joe and Trisha Pull gave us the gift of baby-sitting the kids on Friday night (the 16th...thanks friends!!!), so we could enjoy a special date together.
Brad made reservations for Clyde's, my new favorite restaurant. Everything we ate was INCREDIBLE (no exaggeration!). We had the Crab and Artichoke dip as an appetizer along with their famous Maryland Cream of crab soup. Both of the appetizers were very rich (delicious too) and extremely filling, so we knew that it was not likely that the both of us would be able to eat our own meal. So for our main course, we shared the Clyde's Classic, Trout Parm, a flash fried Parmesan crusted trout, with roasted red bliss potatoes, green beans and a ribbon of hollandaise sauce! It was fantastic as well. But more than the food, Brad and I enjoyed having quality time for just the two of us. I can't remember much of what we talked about, but we did a lot of laughing! It was a joyous occasion and a replenishing time for us.
(Brad and I went to extra lengths to get this photo taken of the two of us. I always try to carry a small camera in my purse (whether or not it has battery is another question!) but on accident I had left my camera in the van instead. Our van have been valet parked, so it was a little more complicated than just walking to the parking lot to get it. But my sweet hubby wanted to capture this memory for me, so he went outside and talked to the valet attendants. They told him it was parked down the street in a parking garage but they would get him there. So, Brad patiently waited around while they figured out the best way to get him over there. Next thing you know, there was an elderly couple who came up to get their car valet parked, and right after they were out of eye-sight, the attendant told Brad to hop in to get a ride to the parking garage! :-) They then drove our van back to the restaurant to a closer parking lot. It sure was a funny adventure!

Brad made reservations for Clyde's, my new favorite restaurant. Everything we ate was INCREDIBLE (no exaggeration!). We had the Crab and Artichoke dip as an appetizer along with their famous Maryland Cream of crab soup. Both of the appetizers were very rich (delicious too) and extremely filling, so we knew that it was not likely that the both of us would be able to eat our own meal. So for our main course, we shared the Clyde's Classic, Trout Parm, a flash fried Parmesan crusted trout, with roasted red bliss potatoes, green beans and a ribbon of hollandaise sauce! It was fantastic as well. But more than the food, Brad and I enjoyed having quality time for just the two of us. I can't remember much of what we talked about, but we did a lot of laughing! It was a joyous occasion and a replenishing time for us.
(Brad and I went to extra lengths to get this photo taken of the two of us. I always try to carry a small camera in my purse (whether or not it has battery is another question!) but on accident I had left my camera in the van instead. Our van have been valet parked, so it was a little more complicated than just walking to the parking lot to get it. But my sweet hubby wanted to capture this memory for me, so he went outside and talked to the valet attendants. They told him it was parked down the street in a parking garage but they would get him there. So, Brad patiently waited around while they figured out the best way to get him over there. Next thing you know, there was an elderly couple who came up to get their car valet parked, and right after they were out of eye-sight, the attendant told Brad to hop in to get a ride to the parking garage! :-) They then drove our van back to the restaurant to a closer parking lot. It sure was a funny adventure!

Any one who has known me for any length of time knows that I am extremely sentimental! :-) So the night we celebrated our anniversary, I surprised Brad by wearing the same outfit I wore the night he asked me to be his wife.
He did such an amazing job to make the night of our proposal special. The day was January 8th, and I had worked a full day at my church in the baby nursery. It had been a long day, and I was pretty exhasted but I had a wonderful surprise awaiting for me in my car. When I opened the door of my green Ford Taurus, I discovered rose petals scattered all over my front seats and there was a poem awaiting me too. In it, Brad beautifully described God's plans for us and the journey He had planned for us.
I drove home to more surprises. When I got to my apartment and opened the door, I walked into the beautiful song by Christian artist, Cindy Morgan, "Make Us One" playing on my stereo. There were rose petals on the floor leading me into the living room where there was a heart of petals and the largest, most beautiful bouquet of red roses I have ever seen! There was a second poem that he wrote of his love for me and instructed for me to go to my bedroom where I discovered a skirt and blouse (what I am wearing in this photo) along with my mom's pearl necklace lying on my bed. (Several months before, I had wanted to wear my mom's pearls for a special date the two of us were going on but while Brad was helping me put it on, he accidently broke the strand. Without hesitation, Brad offered to take to a jeweler to get it fixed for me. He later told me that he decided that very day he was going to save my mom's pearls for the night he proposed to me!)
The last poem with my outfit told me he would like me to wear my mom's pearls and we would share dinner together that night. I was able to spend the next couple of hours preparing myself for a question that would forever change my life! :-) I took a bath, pampered myself a little, spent some time in God's Word, and wrote in my prayer journal. I was ready when my soon-to -be fiance came to my door to whisk me away for a proposal under the Century Tree at A&M's campus and a delicious dinner! It was one of my most favorite days of all of my life!

You may recognize this photo from Brad's birthday post for me, but here's a photo of us as young'uns the night before we were married at our rehearsal dinner! I wore the same dress that I wore the night he proposed here too! :-)
He did such an amazing job to make the night of our proposal special. The day was January 8th, and I had worked a full day at my church in the baby nursery. It had been a long day, and I was pretty exhasted but I had a wonderful surprise awaiting for me in my car. When I opened the door of my green Ford Taurus, I discovered rose petals scattered all over my front seats and there was a poem awaiting me too. In it, Brad beautifully described God's plans for us and the journey He had planned for us.
I drove home to more surprises. When I got to my apartment and opened the door, I walked into the beautiful song by Christian artist, Cindy Morgan, "Make Us One" playing on my stereo. There were rose petals on the floor leading me into the living room where there was a heart of petals and the largest, most beautiful bouquet of red roses I have ever seen! There was a second poem that he wrote of his love for me and instructed for me to go to my bedroom where I discovered a skirt and blouse (what I am wearing in this photo) along with my mom's pearl necklace lying on my bed. (Several months before, I had wanted to wear my mom's pearls for a special date the two of us were going on but while Brad was helping me put it on, he accidently broke the strand. Without hesitation, Brad offered to take to a jeweler to get it fixed for me. He later told me that he decided that very day he was going to save my mom's pearls for the night he proposed to me!)
The last poem with my outfit told me he would like me to wear my mom's pearls and we would share dinner together that night. I was able to spend the next couple of hours preparing myself for a question that would forever change my life! :-) I took a bath, pampered myself a little, spent some time in God's Word, and wrote in my prayer journal. I was ready when my soon-to -be fiance came to my door to whisk me away for a proposal under the Century Tree at A&M's campus and a delicious dinner! It was one of my most favorite days of all of my life!

You may recognize this photo from Brad's birthday post for me, but here's a photo of us as young'uns the night before we were married at our rehearsal dinner! I wore the same dress that I wore the night he proposed here too! :-)

Back to our 7th Anniversary! We had a great waiter and he brought us this molten chocolate cake in celebration of our anniversary with a candle on top. :-)


Happy Anniversary! Loved this post, you guys are such romantics. Glad you had a special night out together!
ReplyDelete