Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Turkey Morning

Thanksgiving morning, the girls woke up to yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast and watching some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!

The Macy's Parade Turkey

Jillian working on constructing her Thanksgiving leaf hat.

Anna doing a little dancing on the cushion with BIG SMILES! 

Then it was Faith's turn to create her own leaf hat for Thanksgiving! 

Both of the girls did a great job! :-)

Meanwhile, I was making a big mess in the kitchen. I made three squash casseroles, two for Thanksgiving lunch at the Smith's and one for Christmas (I froze it).  On this trip, I discovered from Mom Holmes that originally the squash casserole was Brad's paternal grandmother's recipe, Thelma Holmes.  I think that it is super special that at least twice now this recipe has been passed down from mother-in-law to daughter-in-law.   :-)

Then I assembled the sweet potato casserole (the marshmallows aren't on top yet).  I baked extra sweet potatoes and froze them for Christmas too!! Awesomeness! :-)

And finally I made some delicious Chocolate Mud Pie Dessert for Thanksgiving dinner at the Pull's! We also brought some of Brad's favorite Mrs. Smith's apple crumble pie with vanilla ice-cream.
Ingredients:
1 box devil's food cake
3 pkgs (3.5 oz each) chocolate jello pudding
3 tubs (8 oz each) of cool whip
6 Heath candy bars

First make chocolate cake (according to directions) in 13 x 9 inch pan and let the cake cool.
Cut cake into thirds.
Make three pkgs of chocolate pudding according to directions.

Layer:
1 third of cake- crumbled (on bottom of bowl)
1 choc pudding
1 tub cool whip
2 crushed Heath candy bars
repeat layers (I only did two layers to allow it to fit in my pretty trifle bowl)

Then Mimi and PawPaw came over to play and read with the girls. 
PawPaw and Jillian
Anna enjoyed all the special attention from Mimi and PawPaw.

A Thanksgiving photo of Brad, the girls, and Mimi and PawPaw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment