Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy 4th of July Weekend!

The weekend of the 4th, we were blessed to spend a lot of time with our friends the Pierson's.  It was fun-filled time and we are thankful for our sweet new friends. :-)

On Saturday morning, Brad and Brian took the big girls to a Home Depot kids workshop. (Lindsey and I both stayed at home with the babies during their naps.) Then, we all met up and went to McDonald's for some food and play-time! After McD's, we all returned home for more rest time before POOL TIME at the Pierson's community pool!

 Anna was sleepy ALL day, and overslept the amount of time she normally does for her afternoon nap. So Brad took Jillian and Faith to the pool without the two of us. But when Anna woke up, I just grabbed her and ran with no SWIM SUIT for either of us! The kiddie pool was perfect for a naked baby and a mommy fully dressed! :-) 

Annie, Ellie, Faith, and Jillian -- We totally broke the rules (I think it was on accident).  The girls were starving, so we gave them some Ritz crackers at the pool! 

Back at home, Brad tried on the girl's Strawberry Shortcake sunglasses. 

Anna wearing Jillian's "Deep Creek Lake State Park Little Guard" shirt!

On Monday, the Pierson's hosted several families from church for a 4th of July BBQ!

Lindsey had prepared some water balloons for a balloon toss for kids. Brad volunteered to help organize the game. :-)

All it took was one toss and the balloons were popped! 

The kids going for a second round of balloon tossing! 

All of the balloon toss kids: Jillian, Ellie, Theia, Madeline, Faith, Aliyah, Xandra, and Annie

Then the big kids enjoyed running in a sprinkler!  Little Ferris was not too interested in playing in the sprinkler. :-)

Brian grilling our hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner! 

Lindsey (and Bennett) and Trisha trying to keep the bugs away by putting their arms up! That's a new trick I learned that day! :-)

Madeline and Faith playing at the park together.

All of the kids had two tables to themselves for eating their dinner.

Anna surrounded by her little boyfriends. We have several friends (the Ryan's, Glenn's, Pull's, Hess's, Christenson's, and Pierson's) who have babies that are close to the same age as Anna, but they are ALL BOYS!  I don't know what I am going to do for little teas and sleepovers for Anna! ;-)

Ellie helping her mom pass out party favors to all the kids! They were patriotic rockets filled with candy! 

Ellie and Faith (dressed as Cinderella) with their rockets! 
We enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget Carter! :) he's close to Anna too. :) looks like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I read right over "Hess". Hahaha. Guess that's what I get for reading blogs before 7am. :)

    ReplyDelete