The weekend before we went home, we enjoyed a fun and relaxing morning with friends from church. Our friends, Anna and Mike have two adorable and very expressive kids! I love getting to talk to "Max" and "Mini" (their blog names); they are both very friendly and always have the most entertaining stories to tell. :-) Also, I am very excited that our Faith will be at Mother's Day Out with Mini this next year on Tuesday mornings, along with their friend Madeline!
A special connection I share with Anna S. is that she was my discussion group for the Bible Study Me, Myself, and Lies that I did this summer on Wednesday mornings. Anna is a natural encourager and a very empathetic person. My time of individual study and group discussion were incredible times of encouragement and growth in my understanding of my thought-closet. I am thankful that the Lord gave us that time to get to know one another better.
It has been an incredible summer (maybe my best ever!!) and I am sad that it is so quickly coming to an end. But I am extremely thankful for all the sweet memories we have made, especially on beautiful days like this with our friends. :-)
The kids displaying their blackberries from the orchard.
The dads working hard trying to get some good blackberries for our breakfast.
Our Anna girl before most of her face became covered with berries!
Max, Anna S., Anna H., Faith, Me, Jillian, and Mini
The berries were yummy!
Our family enjoying the orchards with sweet friends!
Then we came home to enjoy waffles with syrup and whipped cream on top, egg casserole (not pictured because still in the oven), fruit, and bacon! After this, the adults played a game of Ticket to Ride, while the kids played and watched Strawberry Shortcake on DVD. It was a fun-filled morning.







You are the sweetest! I'm so glad you invited us to go berry picking with you then back to your place for brunch. What a great memory!! And I'm also delighted to hear that this summer has been so good. I'm sad to see it come to an end, too!
ReplyDelete