
From the first day we brought our beautiful baby girl home from the hospital....

to all the fun adventures we had with our toddler...

and to now with the new journey of school we are experiencing with our little girl...I AM THANKFUL for each and every day we have shared together!
She has been a tremendous blessing to her mommy, daddy, and sisters and I praise God that He chose to give Jillian to us!
-------------------
This anonymous "Parent's Prayer" has been something I have been meditating on every day the last few weeks. It has been a comfort to me as well as given me courage to face the uncertainties of this new journey with our daughter:Dear Lord,
Here are my children, I give them to you.
Reach down and touch them with the finger of your love, so that they will stop, sense your presence, and turn to you.
Take them and make of them what you want- not what I want.
Call them to adventures which you have aspired for them- not what I have planned for them.
Keep them from sin. But when they sin, help them turn back to you.
Keep them from smallness of spirit.
Help them to know themselves; and to enjoy the person you created them to be,
Teach them to use their gifts in your service.
Help them to plunge deep into the mystery of their union with you and to love you above all things.
As for me-
Help me to love them without possessiveness.
Help me to be firm and to protect them when I must.
Help me to be patient as they strive to find themselves.
Help me to respect the person you make them to be.
Help me to guide them with your wisdom.
Help me to love letting them go.
And when they are raised and gone- help me to continue my journey without my children, wiser and more understanding of you and your way with men.
For I have borne children of my own.
Amen.
That prayer made me cry! Maybe it's the hormones or the thought of my babies leaving me some day, but that is a very touching prayer. Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDelete